Friday, September 7, 2007

Internet Explorer 7 ticks

I'll tell you what: I get damn tired of this popping up in my IE7 browser window at random intervals. I infinitely prefer going to the home page of my choosing and when Microsoft 'hijacks' its own browser out from under me, it ticks me off. I mean, I don't hold it against them for advertising their stuff, but I've already got the damned thing. You'd think they'd give it a rest once a body installs it. And, I have to admit, it's pretty nifty, but Firefox with its add-ons and extensions stole most of the thunder way long ago. And don't let's forget Opera and Grandaddy Netscape. They've both had tricks that IE7 is catching up to.

OK, enough with that. IE7, I like what you are, I downloaded it, so quit selling it to me already! I use Firefox most of the time anyway.

Thoughts?

Pax,
Nelson

7 comments:

lb said...

You know WAYYY back in the day i was a netscape man. then IE 5 came along and stole my heart.. after IE6 came along.. I was still VERY content. then firefox showed up in my life! and i've never looked back. and having to work with IE7 is a bitch as well.. i really cant stand the thing!

Anonymous said...

Why? Why IE? Whyyyyyyyyyy?

WNelWeb said...

Why IE? More specifically, why IE7? I started on the Internet using AOL. Then I wanted to experience something different: experiment and learn new things. I was introduced to IE. I liked it. I still use it on occasion to keep 'current' and there are still a few websites out there that only accept IE. Also, I took a web design class and needed IE for comparison. And it doesn't suck, not really...

But I prefer Firefox for most all browsing.

Pax,
N.

WNelWeb said...

Firefox rocks my socks!

Anonymous said...

I was a netscape girl myself. Actually, I was a mosaic girl...but i digress. I used IE for a while, but always resisted it...even in the days when being on AOL was a cool thing; you know, when changing from a 2800 modem to a 14.4 was soooo cool.

I kept using Netscape til firefox showed up and never looked back.

Again, I say, why IE (5,6 or 7)? whyyyy/

;)

Anonymous said...

I downloaded Firefox on a whim a few years ago, and fell in love. Going back to IE, would be like dumping my CD collection for 8-Tracks. Well... maybe not EXACTLY like that, but you get my drift!

Firefox rocke my socks too!!

Wax,
S.

Anonymous said...

I love Firefox, IE is such a hack of a browser coding for it is a huge huge pain in the ass... Firefox's extensions + grease monkey totally rock.