Sunday, February 3, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action!

Well, just camera really.

Hi there. I'm hoping you can help me. Laura (my far better half) and I are considering upgrading from our camera (Fujifilm Finepics E550), with which we have been very happy, to something which has a little more bang for the buck. We're looking for something which has a faster recovery time (between click to click again) and a more accurate and sensitive auto-focus. We're still considering sticking with the point and shoot variety, but would not be adverse to considering a digital SLR, if we could find one (which doesn't suck) within our price range. We're aiming for somewhere between $400.00 & $800.00. Ease of use is a big factor, also.

Any suggestions?

Pax,
Nelson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nelson, nelson, nelson...ah what fun to talk shop, so to speak!

I've had happy results from my Canon A630(a nice point and shoot with flippable screen)...until Santa gave me the Nikon D40x (DSLR). The Canon is an easy to use intuitive camera, totally portable and sturdy. The Nikon has a slightly high learning curve, is not totally portable (can't stick it in my purse or bag), and quite delicate. I love them both and would recommend both.

Happy clicking!

WNelWeb said...

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it.
Pax,
N

Anonymous said...

Hey there!!

It's Nate, the horribly opinionated one from Elisa's blog. I hope you don't mind me bothering you!!

I have a panasonic lumix fx100. it's a 12 megapixel and pretty much rocks as a point and shoot. It's nice and small so you can carry it about everywhere and has a brilliant wide shot option and all manner of built in filters and such.

I love mine and it's not terribly priced (about $350 but I have seen them online for under $300 which frankly is a steal)...

If you're looking for something a little more pro looking then a Nikon or Canon would probably meet your needs. Let me know if I can be of further help.

~Nate.
(babydollmcgee@hotmail.com)

WNelWeb said...

Well now Nate, I wouldn't say you were horribly opinionated...
:)
Elisa is a hoot sometimes!
Thanks for the information (I'm checking reviews even as I type this) and the comment.
You're always welcome.
Pax,
Nelson

Anonymous said...

Well said.