Thursday, May 8, 2008

Win XP SP3 troubles?

Not for me. I've updated two out of three machines and no problems I can see. I had a bit of trouble with one of them (my main PC), but I am fairly certain it was due to intermittent internet service interruptions from my provider. Once that cleared up, it was relatively smooth sailing. Each machine took about 30 minutes to do (using the update from Microsoft) and after one reboot apiece, all was (and still is) well.

No problems at all. No appreciable difference in performance, either. But it may be too soon to tell.

Thoughts?

Pax,
Nelson

2 comments:

lb said...

well I dont plan on honestly running the SP until i get a better handle on how it affects the IIS functionality. we'll see though Guinea Pig... i mean Nelson! ;o)

WNelWeb said...

OK. I discovered what you are talking about. Is this functionality supposed to be negatively affected by SP3?
And I'd gladly be a Guinea Pig in this context, if I knew how!
Pax,
N.