Friday, July 18, 2008

Laughing

This evening, Walter and I were goofing around after dinner and Samuel was watching us. Walter was laughing and I was laughing and Laura was laughing, too. All of a sudden a fourth laugher joined us! Little Samuel was laughing his little butt off at Walter and me! As far as any of us know, the baby busted out into a belly laugh for the very first time.

I had forgotten how wonderful the first laugh from a baby is.

I hope each and every one of you has the privilege of hearing a baby's first real laugh at least once in your life. There's nothing else like it in the world. And so I will not even try to offer a description. I may have had all sorts of thoughts and worries and doubts about him up until that point, but once he cut loose with that sweet sound, none of that mattered anymore: I knew he was gonna be alright.

Thoughts?

Pax,
Nelson

No comments: